A Full-function, Buffered, Water Conditioner For Aquariums
MICROBE-LIFT/XTreme is a full-function water conditioner in a single product. It has been formulated to condition new water (instantly “ages”). It should be used when setting up a new pond or aquarium, making water changes, when adding new fishes, invertebrates, amphibians or plants.
Instantly “Ages” Water
- Detoxifies Nitrite
- Removes Ammonia
- Destroys and removes chloramines
- Removes Chlorine
- Detoxifies heavy metals
- Adds a multi-part skin-slime replacer
- Adds essential electrolytes
- Boosts alkalinity
MICROBE-LIFT/XTreme has been formulated with buffers to help stabilize the treated water’s pH and alkalinity (acid-neutralizing capacity). It removes both ammonia and chlorine by chemically reacting with them.
Essential electrolytes not only assist in buffering, but also assist in preventing osmotic shock often caused by new water. MICROBE-LIFT/XTreme detoxifies heavy metals (e.g. copper and lead) by both chelation and precipitation.
Perform regular water changes to keep the alkalinity (acid-neutralizing capacity) and pH stable. Use MICROBE-LIFT/XTreme, at the standard dosage rate, to eliminate and control each measured 1 mg/L, or fraction thereof, of total ammonia (= 0.85 mg/L total ammonia-nitrogen). Use a salicylate (indolphenol) type total ammonia test kit. For dissolved oxygen testing use either a DO meter or an indigo carmine test.
- Do not use with permanganate-based or chlorite-based treatments.
- Nessler’s total ammonia tests will give false, high (or off scale) readings.
- Winkler dissolved oxygen tests will give false, low (or zero) readings.
- 1 fl. oz. (30 mL.) (XTA01) Treats up to 60 gal. (227 L.)
- 4 fl. oz. (118 mL.) (XTA04) Treats up to 240 gal. (908 L.)
- 8 fl. oz. (236 mL.) (XTA08) Treats up to 480 gal. (1,817 L.)
- 16 fl. oz. (473 mL.) (XTA16) Treats up to 960 gal. (3,633 L.)
- 64 fl. oz. (1.893 L.) (XTA64) Treats up to 3,849 gal. (14,535 L.)
- 1 gal. (3.785 L.) (XTAG1) Treats up to 7,680 gal. (29,071 L.)
Non-toxic to humans, pets and aquatic life.
This product is intended for use with all ornamental aquarium fish. Not for use with fishes or aquatic invertebrates intended for human consumption. This is not a medication or economic poison and is not intended for use as such.